Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Oakland/East Bay

 "The role of art is to make a world which can be inhabited." - William Saroyan
 Signs placed along freeways in Oakland, Berkeley, Richmond and Vallejo.
Quotations from residents of Oakland.
 "I don't do nothin' I don't want to do." - John Lee Hooker
 "I've been rich and I've been poor. It's better to be rich." - Gertrude Stein
 (The above sign has been up and within sight of Chevron's Main Offices 
in Point Richmond for over a month.)
"You may not be able to change the world but at least you can embarrass the guilty." - Jessica Mitford
 "The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity." - Bruce Lee
"Failure is not a crime. The crime is not trying." - Ron Dellums
 "There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again." - Clint Eastwood
 "If you cannot be a poet, be the poem." - David Carradine

YTD - 207

No comments: